Thursday, April 1, 2010

{Studio} Snapshots

The studio is one of my favorite spots in our house. I find it is almost like a "family room". We made this space in the attic of our 1927 craftsman bungalow and it certainly classifies as funky. I head to the studio the minute Sayer is down for a nap, or when he goes to bed at night. However, the older he gets, the more he likes to be in the studio with me. We have created sort of a nook for him to read or just hang out while I work (most of the time that is only a theory that isn't practiced). There are chalkboards for him to draw on, thread spools to count, prototypes for him to play with, an old sewing machine (minus the needle) for him to explore, and music to play.


We spent this morning in the studio with the hope that I could work on orders. But I found myself wrapped up in the joy of Sayer's exploration. I love seeing the studio through his eyes. It is such a wonderful experience to be a part of. 

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so perfectly cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun space! Kristin where did you get those amazing magazine racks? I need some for my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks! It really is my favorite space in the house. I think I would have loved it as a kid. The magazine racks are from IKEA (circa 2000). We got them right when we moved into this house about 10 years ago. They have been used in almost every room by now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails