Wednesday, May 5, 2010

{Studio as a Bedroom} A product testing opportunity...

It is sometimes tricky working from home. We recently had a house guest (Chris' dad) for three weeks. Our house is pretty small so it took some creative thinking to figure out where everyone was going to sleep comfortably for that amount of time. Realizing that we are night owls & work after Sayer goes to bed, it seemed natural for us to sleep in the klt:studio while his dad took our bedroom. The cozy little nook that we created for Sayer, was transformed into a bed that took up most of the studio space. Our toes almost touched the sewing machine. 


However, I enjoyed the fact that I was surrounded by all of the things that I love  and encourage my creative thinking. Admittedly, it was a little difficult to turn off my klt:mind when I went to bed. It's not necessarily a good thing to have the klt:order board looming over me as I am trying to sleep. My night owl status hit an all time high and I found it difficult to put things away. The morning sounds of Sayer came really fast!


One of the cool things that I got to experience, is laying under the klt:mobiles every night. There was a rotating gallery of mobiles as the orders were completed and shipped out. I got to enjoy every design- and often, many at a time. I am going to put it out there that mobiles are not just for babies. I loved watching them. It was ideal product testing! I shared some long stares with Ollie & Steve that were very therapeutic and comforting. 


It is just the three of us tonight and our bedroom is vacant. There is definitely part of me that will miss sleeping in the studio. But I have to say, it will be nice for the studio to start functioning strictly as a working studio, rather than the likes of an art school dorm room. And for those of you that received your orders recently, hope I didn't pack my pajamas in your box on accident (I am just kidding, my quality control policies wouldn't have allowed that).

2 comments:

  1. Really nice to see the studio again! :)
    And it has that happy-sutdent-days flavour (with the bed and all) - wasn't it nice to have that time back just for a few weeks?
    + of course mobiles are not just for babies! You should start and adult-mobiles-lovers campaign :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "studio" is also up in the eaves. I love how you guys painted it that beautiful and particuarly yummy gray. My sweetie won't let me paint our wood paneling. Sigh! But it must be heaven when it rains.

    I think I love the kitty mobile most of all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails