Thursday, May 20, 2010

{Tagging Game #8} I have been tagged...


I woke up this morning to find that I had been tagged! Thanks to Helen, one of my favorite textile designers, for adding me to her tag list. This will be fun! Sort of funny timing really, because I just received my lovely order of fabrics from her and was planning on writing about them for my Fabric Friday post, so stay tuned for more about her beautiful work tomorrow. I just loved the photo that Helen posted on her blog of her son Stanley, under a blur of handmade butterflies (on her birthday). 

My computer is a mess of photo folders- I don't do the best job burning and removing them from the desktop. So I was pleasantly surprised to find this to be my 8th picture in my 8th folder. It is a collage that I made of Sayer (last fall) that makes me smile. I made him a slug lovey plush that has become his best friend, sort of his "go to" pal. He calls it his "Conk" (which used to be Gunk) and it goes EVERYWHERE with him. It has been washed over 100 times at least. I took all of these photos right before his nighttime story and this was the series of events that took place with Conk's antennae. I can't even describe, in words, how good it feels that Sayer loves something that I made him. He is sort of my tester for klt:works and this little slug plushie has been one of my favorite things to make. Ironically, I made a Gunk with Helen's fabric too. 

It was really fun to look at old photos. Helen said it best when she mentioned that she was struck by how quickly her little boy was growing.  I had that same feeling. 

So, here are the rules:
The Tag game goes as follows:
Go to the 8th folder in which you store your photos
Select the 8th photo
Post it to your blog and tell the story behind it.
After following the above instructions, you are ‘supposed’ to tag 8 other bloggers.
Here is my list of bloggers that I want to invite to play. However, don't feel any pressure from me. I know you are all busy! Just join in if the spirit moves you. 


Have Fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks fun!!!! I'm heading out the door so your mission (should you chose to accept it) is to remind my lazy, er...I mean BUSY ass to do this!! I really want to.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! how cool, I am just off to bed soon but will do this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sleepy tired face! Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I so missed this last week. Thanks for the tag. I love this idea! Is Sayer super cute or what?? Love all the stripes little dude!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails