Friday, July 2, 2010

{Fabric Friday} Oh Boy... the 4th of July!


How could I not be inspired by this little boy? I have been collecting "car" or "transportation" fabrics for Sayer for awhile. The hope is to make him a quilt soon. But for now, they are his fabrics to organize in the studio as he likes. You can't walk too many places in our house without spotting a toy car, train, boat, fire engine, or truck.


This is 4th of July weekend here in the US and many people are out & about, traveling to see fireworks and friends over the holiday. What a way to celebrate but to have a Fabric Friday that honors transportation vehicles and the red, white & blue of our flag. In these patriotic klt:fabric stashes, you will find some: Kokka, Michael Miller, Amy Bulter, *Trefle* and  Kei fabrics. As far as the make of the cars that are parked in front, I will have to ask Sayer or Chris and then get back to you.


Last year, Sayer participated in a 4th of July parade (in my parent's neighborhood)  in a red wagon. I am not sure what my mom has up her sleeve for this year's parade but I am sure it will be good. After all, her birthday is today and I am sure she will be up for extending her party. Happy Birthday Mom!  Happy Fabric Friday Everyone! Hope you have a safe and fun weekend.  What are your plans?

1 comment:

  1. Is he ever cute in those stripes! I'm in love with the bicycle and cars fabric. I'd love to make a skirt out of those for my K. She's a big fan of McQueen! A Happy Birthday to your mom too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails