Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{Vintage Inspiration} chenille bedspread goodness...


When I got my hands on these vintage chenille bedspreads, I knew right away what I wanted to do with them. I really liked the idea of playing with texture & pattern in my plush critters. This particular floral bedspread made me think of my owl plush. Given that art imitates life & this was a bedspread that I was working with, I felt it appropriate to make my owl a bit sleepy.  So meet Sleepy Olivia Owl.... (she's Ollie Owl's sister).


The other three chenille bedspreads seemed perfect for some fancy slugs & I made these for hutch studio. The textures are so fun to work with... I think I'm hooked. Did your grandma have a chenille bedspread?  Or did you have one growing up?









3 comments:

  1. OMG these are the best!! Too too too adorable! Save a slug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chantale! They are so fun to make. :) Which slug is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!! And yes... chenille bedspreads were the best (I actually still have one... hidden out of sight but SOOOO soft) Love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails