Sunday, June 13, 2010

{Music Monday} A little Squirrel Nut Zippers...


The very first gift that my husband ever gave me was a Squirrel Nut Zippers cd. We were both teaching in the art department at the local college during that time and just starting to hang out a bit. I remember thinking, anyone that would give me a Squirrel Nut Zippers cd on first meeting, was someone to keep around. The cd, "Hot" had just come out (1997) and both it, and Chris, knocked my socks off. 



I have been listening to Andrew Bird a lot in my studio lately (my all time fav) which made me dust off some of my old Squirrel Nut Zipper cds. I had forgotten that Andrew Bird used to play in that band and that it was our introduction to his music. I have been enjoying cruisin' down memory lane along with sharing the Squirrel Nut Zippers with Sayer. He seems to really enjoy the music too- not that i am surprised at all. Sayer loves to get on my lap and watch music videos with me. He comes running when sees me starting to play one. These certainly don't disappoint and the word, "more" is repeated by my enthusiastic toddler whenever we watch them. The second video for Ghost of Stephan Foster, was a Winner of the "Best Animated Music Video" at the 1999 Vancouver Animation Festival {directed by Raymond Persi & Matthew Nastuk}.



I love how listening to early Squirrel Nut Zippers makes me feel. I think it may connect with my old soul and inner tap dancer (I tap danced for 11 years growing up). It's cool to see Sayer get excited and want to sing, play music, and dance to it too. And it's so nice to have a  mini dance partner during the day. I have to add, that I think Sayer is a spittin' image of his dad in these pictures -which also makes me smile really big. Happy (Pre-Father's Day) Music Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Love Sayer's hat. Very cute! Never heard of SNZ but sounds good. A little too much for my K that's for sure but I'm sure she'd have a kick out of the animation! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Kristin! Love that Sayer loves the music videos and loves to dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks for turning me on to some new music. Love both the videos as well as your cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails