Friday, May 28, 2010

{Fabric Friday} fabric for a long weekend...


Memorial Day weekend is here and that means Lobster Mania at that Theiss house! We started a tradition years ago, that every Memorial Day weekend (usually Friday) we would get together with my parents, brother & sis-in-law (if possible) and have a lobster fest. It started from a local grocery store celebrating Lobster Mania. But we decided to partake to pay tribute to the fact that Chris is from RI and knows how to eat lobster like a pro. He has been teaching us tricks from the east coast every year (partly because we always forget).  So what does that have to do with fabric friday? 



Ahhh, well Mr. Lobster became my muse. Here is a lobster inspired klt:fabric stash. In this stash you will find some: ink & spindle, Umbrella Prints, Helen Rawlinson, Free Spirit, Amy Butler, Kei Fabrics, and some *Trifle*. However, I live in the NW and it is pouring down rain right now so I am thinking that I should have included a little of  this and this fabric too!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy Fabric Friday! Do you have a favorite long weekend fabric?   

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a cute idea for a tradition and I adore how your fabric post was inspired by it too.

    Have a lovely long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this post? I love that you're wearing that awesome blouse! I just received some lobster red nail polish in the mail, it goes oh so well with your Fabric Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post and what a great tradition...sounds like a blast! I too had these colours in my hands today...but not inspired by your lobster, i think i was looking for something sunny and they just felt bright & cheerful ... Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, fantastic choices! I'm going to take my last day off tomorrow and go back to your Fabric Fridays.. I love your choices and am hoping to get great ideas for my now 'nude' windows in my dining room! Happy Memorial Day Kristin!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails