Tuesday, July 6, 2010

{Good Read} Uppercase Love


Having a holiday weekend allowed me the opportunity to finally flip through my new UPPERCASE Magazine at a nice, leisurely pace. It came last week and I have been itching to really dive in and get lost in the "creative & curious" world that I adore so much. I know I have said this every time I get one of these gems in the mail, but this one is even better! --Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.... You can actually flip through the magazine here if you would like to take a gander. 



As I was enjoying my magazine, I found my mind drifting to friends that I have met via this crazy world wide web (mostly through blogs, twitter, & children's stores). I was noting what articles reminded me of certain people that I communicate with regularly. While these are standout write ups to me as well, I dogeared them with the thought of passing them on. Then I realized it would be nice to just post it for others to enjoy as well. 

Debbie Powell -an illustrator on the move - The illustrations reminded me of something that Chantal would like and might end up inspiring some bento lunches in the future.

Table for Two: Molly Wizenberg & Brandon Pettit - My friend Catherine told me about Molly's blog, Orangette over a year ago so she was the first person I thought of. I actually think of Catherine every time I get my UPPERCASE in the mail. I also thought of Robin, who is another foodie blogger who lives in Seattle & can visit this restaurant easier than I can. 

The Darlingtonia Moccasin Company - All I had to do is look at the pictures to immediately think of Daria and the beautifully crafted shoes that she makes. 

Shoegazing - This article got me thinking about the always stylish and creative Alix. She takes vibrant pictures of herself, documenting her fun fashions & I often admire her "shoegazing" photos in particular. 

So here are some highlights of an inspiring magazine & some interesting ladies to boot. 

5 comments:

  1. Aw.. Thanks for thinking of us! I'd love to read this magazine and haven't been able to find time to.. well, find it! I love the imagery.. I also ♡ that top photo! Now that's frameable.. (thx also for the linkback.) ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! So nice to know you think about your friends (us!) while enjoying your mag! :)
    I love your bike!

    Have a great day my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to be thought of and such a lovely post! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was awesome! I love it.....and I'm so happy to have made such a cool friend as yoooooou!
    xo
    Alix

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure how I made it this long not knowing about Orangette, but I think my (blog) life is more complete now that I have! Her post on waffles made me smile & salivate.
    I loved this post! I have as of yet gotten my hands on a real live Uppercase - one day, I will! And my life will be even more complete :)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails