Tuesday, November 30, 2010

{Everyday Inspiration} Close to my heart...


The minute I became a mom, I was on the lookout for a special locket. For some reason, finding one hasn't been easy. It had to be the right combination of unique & artistic - simple & nostalgic. Oh, and in my budget.  I've been really patient because I knew I would find the right one.


Thankfully, I stumbled on The Blue Balloon Etsy Shop. I knew when I saw Marie's work (& read her "about me" section) that I didn't need to look any further for my locket. She has so many beautiful lockets to choose from that it literally took me a month to narrow down my favorites. She is also a photographer and uses her own images for her jewelry and other shop treasures. It was when I saw the Cold Water vintage locket,  that I finally made my choice. I was immediately drawn to the water. Working with Marie made my new locket even more special. I sent her one of my favorite pictures to use on the inside. I chose one of Chris & Sayer in the water that I took on our trip to Cap Cod two summers ago. It was our first east coast trip with Sayer  to visit Chris' side of the family. 


Here it is - the inside of my new locket!  I just got it in the mail yesterday and it's just beautiful! The whole process was really enjoyable and I'm so glad I waited for the perfect fit. If you are looking for a special & unique gift this holiday season (or something special for yourself) you should really check out the The Blue Balloon. It's handmade, vintage goodness... 
Thanks Marie- I just love this sweet necklace!
{first two images via Blue Balloon}

4 comments:

  1. I had done the exact same thing after having my son, I desperately needed to have him close to me no matter where I went. This is a gorgeous locket you found and would be the perfect gift for any Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so beautiful and will be an heirloom one day.

    Definitely worth the wait ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kristin, it's beautiful! It's so very you. I love that image, it's perfect. It already looks like it's been handed down a generation or two. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! it's beautiful!!! i was very one of my many blue balloon pieces today!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails