Monday, November 29, 2010

{Music Monday} gives me goosebumps...


Nick Drake has been playing in my studio a lot lately- both from my cd's & Nick Drake radio on Pandora. My all time favorite song of his is Northern Sky (from Bryter Layter) - I probably listened to it 20 times or more this weekend. Whenever I hear it, I ALWAYS think of John Cusack.... which isn't a bad thought at all. Did you see the movie Serendipity? Do you remember that scene I am talking about?  It still gives me goosebumps... 


This is one of those movies that I will stop what I am doing and watch it if is playing on tv - even though I've seen it a million times. It's sort of like, When Harry met Sally, like that. It makes me feel good, gives me hope, & a shiver.  The song is beautiful & it fits that scene perfectly. It's a good time of year to feel sort of magical & hopefully about life, don't you think?  Happy Music Monday

3 comments:

  1. love love love nick drake and love love love john cusack {serendipity too!}
    i was just thinking about this movie the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly, I listened to Nick Drake all day long yesterday! (or not incredibly at all, as you know :)
    I enjoy the gloominess of his music, it puts me in this calm and thoughtful mood I like so much.
    Love this song too, although, my favourite is Saturday Sun :)
    Lots of HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my hubs favourite part of the movie too. I love John Cusack too.. him and his wacky sister Joan. lol! Beautiful music.. I get too caught up in the moment to check out who wrote or played the music in movies. I thought it was John Mayer who sang that song..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails