Friday, February 4, 2011

{Good Read} vintage books & la petite issue #3 ...

It's finally out - the much anticipated 3rd issue of la petite magazine launched this morning and it's just beautiful! I'm particularly excited to share that I contributed an article about my love of vintage books & illustrations.  I can't wait to sit down, take a break, & read it cover to cover because there are so many wonderful contributors in this issue like: Florence Rolando (Pirouette blog), Karine Candice Kong (Bodie and Fou), Molly Meg, Jennifer Arndt (Style Milk) and Holly Becker (Decor 8 ) -to name a few. 


Diving into my collection of books to write this article was so much fun. But taking the pictures for it was my favorite part of the process. Thanks to Rachelle for including me among some truly inspirational contributors. 

If you stopped by for Fabric Friday, don't worry- you can get your textile fix for the week here

*I also wanted to mention that the very cute hat that Sayer is wearing in the photos is handmade by Armelle for Pure Pixie



6 comments:

  1. I tell ya, these are classic and wonderful photos of Sayer.. great job Kristin on the article! I've loved reading it and read again here. Shame here but I only know about 3 or 4 of the illustrators you mentioned above. This is why I keep coming back to your 'sketchbook'. Because I just keep learning and discovering new and exciting artists through your eyes! Congrats on being in La Petite! Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Congratulations Kristin! Loved to read it and I love all those pictures - such splendid illustrations! Thanks for the list too (excellent) - I have missed a few authors, going to find them now :)
    Again, Sayer is a lucky boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kristin!
    What an interesting paper! Sayer is such a lucky little guy!
    There are quiet a few I don't know. May be I should start looking for them for my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, thanks for contributing to La Petite! Your page was so fun to read! I loved it! xo The pics of Sayer are just too cute for words!

    Rachelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful paper, wonderful pictures, wonderful little boy... as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to comment for a couple of days but it's been very hectic at home recently and I've an awful lot on my plate. Just wanted to congratulate you on this contribution, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails