Monday, February 28, 2011

{Music Monday} Oscar & Kiddo choice...


How could I not choose this Randy Newman song today for Music Monday? Sayer is a big Toy Story fan lately - particularly Toy Story 3. Have you seen it? Oh man, I can't make it through the end without completely losing it. It's that same kind of lump in my throat that I get at the end of School of Rock. Needless to say, I've seen it about 5 times now & every time, I make Sayer promise me that he'll take his Gunk (slug plush) with him to college. He's assured me that he will. The only thing Sayer was at all interested in last night during the Oscar Award show, was when the Toys Story clips played & when, "We Belong Together" was performed. It was so awesome that Disney Pixar & Toy Story 3 won for Best Animated Feature plus "We Belong Together" won for the Best Original Song! -So sweet that Randy Newman won his 2 Oscar (after being nominated 20 times)! Sayer thought it was all pretty darn cool.  Happy Music Monday - this one is for Randy & Sayer! {photo via here}  Did you watch the award show? 

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, I get the same huge lump in my throat every time I hear this song too and was bawling like a ninny at the end of TS3.. in the theatre. lol. I'm also a HUGE lover of School of Rock! I've got both tunes on my itunes..
    Also got a huge lump in my throat reading how Sayer wants to bring his Gunk to college. gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo there....
    Wow what a mazing your blog is so inspiration en for Sure very nice Work!
    I can learn a lot thanks' and greats from the Nederland
    Birgit ^o^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails