Wednesday, January 4, 2012

{Fun} Vintage Muppet Love ...


I'm a such a big muppet fan & when Sayer was a baby, I couldn't wait to I introduce him to all of the vintage Muppet Show episodes that I loved as a kid. It's really no surprise that he's a Muppet fan too- it was inevitable. This fall, I was so excited to take him to the Muppet movie in the theater. He declared his love for Gonzo with loud enthusiasm during the movie & from that point on, I knew I wanted to find him a Gonzo plush for Christmas. I lucked out & found a vintage plush in great condition on ebay- it washed up nicely. But the outfit he came in was  hideous & obviously not the original outfit- it was so... not Gonzo. I was really looking forward to making the goofy Muppet a special little outfit. However, I don't make doll clothes- or any clothes for that matter, & I was really under the wire as far as time because of  the holidays & klt:works. So I was a little nervous about how my vision would be realized. On Christmas Eve, I was frantically working away until the wee hours making Gonzo's outfit out of 2 of my old sweaters (because I felt Gonzo needed to be cozy & to wear argyle) - picturing Sayer's face when he saw his new friend the whole time. I felt like the procrastinator elf in Santa's workshop. The outfit is a funky to say the least & not symmetrical at all- but I do think Gonzo is comfortable in his wool suit. It all worked out ok- I got the reaction I was hoping for on Christmas morning...

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails