Monday, January 2, 2012

Color + Stickers = Colorful 2012


Today is the first Monday of 2012 & it's a day off for a lot of people- but I'm trying to get into a rhythm of production today. When I was cruising the web this morning (procrastinating but also in search of some inspiration) this work by Lionel Esteve caught my attention. It was posted on facebook & I immediately looked the artist up. It's bright, cheerful, & it helped me ignore the rainy weather outside.  The artist used self adhesive dots. 


Then this afternoon, I saw a post on the Colossal Art & Design blog that you really should check out.  At the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane this December,  there was an  installation by the artist Yayoi Kusama that was such a cool experiment.  Read, "This is What Happens When You Give Thousands of Stickers to Thousands of Kids" here. You may have already seen this because it spread like wildfire on blogs & facebook today. But I couldn't help but post it as well. These two artists are very different, but I find it interesting that I saw both of their work today. Regardless, it sure cheered me up. Looks like the new year is full of color & dot stickers! 

If you are looking for a little music this Monday, here is one of my favorite Music Monday posts from last year that I think fits this post perfectly. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Crazy cool! Keira would go NUTS in this room! I could use a little sticker therapy maself.. lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails