Friday, October 1, 2010

{Fabric Friday} vintage fabric ~ from pile to plush...


A few weeks ago, I posted some of my vintage fabric finds for Fabric Friday. Well, I thought it would be fun to show you how those fabrics translated into some klt:plush and a retro mobile. Sometimes I know right when I see a fabric, what klt:character or product will be made from it. This vintage stack was no exception- I had specific plans for all of the fabric and it was just a matter of finding time to make them. 


I bought most of these fabrics from Frecklewonder (in different batches), but there are 2 fabrics that were given to me from Heather, at 3ringcircus. She included some fabrics for me with an order that I had made from her shop. The sweetest thing about it, is that one of the fabrics had been used by her mother to make Heather a dress when she was little. She had mentioned awhile back in a comment on a post, that she liked my slugs the best- so Miss H Slug was born using Heather's fabric (blue with red butterflies). 


That '60's floral fabric (in pinks & purples) was once some kind of curtain or drape and I have a lot of it. I still have some more plans -but the slug and the mobile were the first things to come to mind when I saw this beautiful textile.



I love finding vintage textiles and then giving them a whole new life. It sort of spices things up in the studio for me. I have found a few more cool fabrics that are on their way- so expect to see more vintage critters in the future.... In the meantime, Happy Fabric Friday! I'm on my way to my first trunk show in a few minutes. What are you doing tonight? 

7 comments:

  1. oh good heavens! that white with turquoise and orange circles is heaven! these are fabulous, nicey! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks amazing! you know how happy i am to see what was once just sitting in a pile of vintage fabrics in my studio turn into something so great!!! these look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know the love i feel for these!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I thought the pile of fabrics were lovely...then I saw what you made with them! Great, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks you guys! Glad you like them. Yep Heather, I do. I will alway be glad to turn your cool pile of fabrics into something Jenny. Thanks for finding such great textiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so cool that one of the fabrics was part of her dress when she was a kid! Amazing ... I think my personal fave is the "tweety" bird, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupendous! I wish I had ALL these when I was little! You're such a huge talent my friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails