Saturday, November 13, 2010

studio time...


It's time for me to go in to studio hibernation. I'm finding that I'm sort of longing for the old college/grad school days of barely leaving my studio. Both Chris & I have been recently  asked by a gallery to show some of our "fine art" but they want all new work. Which is great - because we don't really like to show "old" work. However, since starting klt:works (& having Sayer), there hasn't been any time to create "art". Oddly, even with packed schedules- & an insane deadline of 2 weeks, Chris and I said yes. We like the idea of creating out of our comfort zone & showing together outside of the usual faculty shows. So what does this mean for the next two weeks? It means throwing caution to the winds and going for it -along with a constant flow of creative energy circulating the house. It will be interesting to see if I will be able to shift back and forth between my "product" &  "art" minds in a day. Ok, here I go- oh may the thread drawing juju be with me....  

5 comments:

  1. Go Kristin! How exciting to have some inspiring new projects to work on! Can't wait to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing what you create!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!! I love your throw caution to the winds and devil may care attitude! And judging by this awesome photo, it won't be long before they ask you, Chris and the Sayer-dude to show.. the Von Theiss family art show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best! I can't wait to see what you produce ... what a wonderfully creative environment for Sayer!

    Make sure you show us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement! You guys are great. Yesterday was a warm up... hopefully today something really works out. I will definitely keep you posted....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails