Monday, June 6, 2011

{Music Monday} Leave Your Sleep ...


Natalie Merchant has been one of my favorite musicians since my college days (when she was in the 10,000 Maniacs). Listening to her music takes me down memory lane. I find her distinctive voice somewhat comforting actually... like an old friend's voice. Chris came home the other day & told me that he had heard some of her newest album, Leave Your Sleep & really liked it. I'm not sure how this album fell off my radar, but it did. So I dove in to learn more about it & was really intrigued...



I'm always curious to learn about how an artist's mind shifts once she has become a mom. I suppose that is why I find the making & thought behind this album so fascinating. Did you find that you were more creative when you had a child?     Happy Music Monday!    
{photo via}



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails