Wednesday, June 8, 2011

{Paper} Gemeo Luis paper illustrations...


I really miss living in NYC sometimes. Particularly when it comes to being able to visit art galleries & museums on a regular basis. However, the wonderful thing about the internet is that I  can travel every day & visit all sorts of interesting exhibits all over the world- with one click. I just learned about an illustrator named Gemeo Luis {via the art room plant} who makes incredible paper cut images. While looking though his website I found that I was really interested in the variety of his  exhibition category. The way "Cutting Dreams" was hung & presented was really intriguing. I would love to see it in person. I'm sure the shadows were really cool. He seems very aware of playing off of them (which is one of my favorite things about an installation exhibition). 



He seems to very much like the viewer to interact with his work (which I'm also a big fan of). I love the idea of having the book that the framed original illustration is from, underneath for the viewer to enjoy. This appears to be an exhibit  called "Drawings" in an art center.  I think I would sit in that corner & flip through his lovely books for a long time. How about you? 

{all photos www.gemeoluis.com}




1 comment:

  1. That is really cool. I love the plexi idea and how they seem to overlap each other.. the magic of the internet.. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails