Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{Textile Tuesday} Anticipating Spring

Back when I was in college, I took my first serigraphy class (screen printing). I was completely hooked & took three more serigraphy classes before I graduated. I really love all printmaking, but there is something about the aesthetic of screen printing that I gravitate towards. Two summers ago, Chris helped me set up a little screen printing studio and I've been honing my craft ever since. I've been getting more proficient at printing textiles and last spring printed my first collection of scarves at the nudging of the ladies of a great design shop in Bellingham called Ideal. I've been thoroughly enjoying making a new line of scarves for this spring/summer that are heavily influenced by my surroundings. 


We live among the beautiful tulip fields in the Skagit Valley and I wanted to create a mid century inspired tulip textile. I was playing with fuchsia and yellow in the anticipation of warmer weather and the fields of color that on the way. 


After printing this weekend, my guys indulged me in heading out to take some photos of my scarves among some of the landscape that currently inspires me. The river is a bit high right now due to all of the rain and I love the reflections and bare trees on the river's edge. 


I'm pretty lucky that my family indulges my creative whims. I think deep down they enjoy the adventures that we find ourselves on in the pursuit of a that perfect photo that I'm always seeking. 


This is one of the things I've been up to lately. How about you? What is keeping you creatively interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails